10 September 2012

Reader Under The Spotlight - Hannah

Today I would like to introduce you to Hannah.

Hello Philofaxy folks! I'm Hannah C., and I blog at Bluebonnet Reads. I live in Texas with my husband and 18 month old daughter. I work at a library shelving books, which among other things means I alphabetize for a living. I am studying Library Science, and hopefully in 2 years or less I will have a master's degree and I can become a librarian! In my spare time I read blogs and books, and watch TV shows on Netflix.

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I bought my first proper Filofax in the summer or fall of 2011 - it was an ultra violet pocket Domino. If it was larger and if the Swedish sale had never happened, I might be using it still!

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I used a couple of compact Franklin Covey 365 planners in college, and I also used a Franklin Covey classic for about 5 weeks combined this past year.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

Much as I love my imperial purple personal Finchley, I think my brown personal Holborn is my favorite. The color is lovely, and the pocket set-up on the Holborn works SO much better for me! The smoothness of the Holborn has also grown on me, and the fact that the back zipper is covered up means that there are no hitches in closing it.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I only own four - an ultra violet pocket Domino, a red A5 Domino, and 2 personals: the imperial purple Finchley and the brown Holborn. The only one for which I paid retail price was the pocket Domino.

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

My Filofax's primary purpose is, of course, to keep track of my appointments and to-dos. It is also my "inbox" and an information/lists book. Some of the things I have in here: gift ideas, wish list, shopping list, current budget, money "rules", income record for my husband (he is a waiter and depends on tips, so his income varies), a page to record my daughter's health and height and weight, a page about our dog, date ideas, my goals, some resources I have available to me, my books to read in 2012 list...Basically, anything I may need to refer to again later goes in my Filofax!

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

It's the ultimate notebook. It's completely versatile and customizable - and you can carry all sorts of other things in it as well if you like. The binders are the best I've seen, aside from the ring issues - the leather they're made of and the designs are a lot nicer than the competitors available here in the US, in my opinion.

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

30mm rings, a pocket set-up similar to the Holborn but without that odd zip pocket, and a variety of color choices - black, brown, pink, purple, blue...

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

In my purse (handbag, for the non-Americans?). It goes with me almost everywhere. When I'm at home I usually leave it on my desk, unless I'm doing something in another room and need it.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I don't know if I can pick one! I like the cheerfulness of the blue Finsbury (and I'd like to try a compact someday..), and the overall look of the orchid Aston. However, since I just bought the Holborn, I won't be buying another Filofax anytime soon!

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

I paid $45 for my personal Holborn in the 50% off sale which recently ended at FFUSA.

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
Free For Alls and Web Finds!

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Is there really anything not to like? I suppose the comment threads can be a little bit hard to follow every once in a while.

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?
I really don't remember - I don't download music very often! It's probably been at least 6 months since I downloaded anything. The last song I listened to was "Sweet About Me" by Gabriella Cilmi.

Thank you Hannah for agreeing to go under the spotlight

2 comments:

  1. Working in a library seems like it would be a lot of fun. I would be very distracted by all the books . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to 'meet' you, Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete