13 January 2013

Reader Under the Spotlight - Jennifer

Today I would like to introduce to Jennifer

Hello, I'm Jennifer. I am 28 years old. I live in Southern California, with my husband and two daughters. I work in the hospital part-time as a Respiratory Therapist. I care for patients who have trouble breathing; for example, from a disease, such as asthma or emphysema. I also care for patients who are required to be on breathing machines (respirator/ventilator). I really love Filofaxes! I also love organizing, making cards and crafts, collecting stationery and beauty products, so you can probably guess how I spend most of my time. I eat sushi as often as I can. I have bad allergies especially to dust, pollen, grass, cats, & peanuts. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color PURPLE!!!

When I get the chance, I do some rambling over at my blog: Behind my Purpley Life


1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

Well, one day I was watching my favorite professional organizer, Alejandra Costello, on YouTube. She did a video about "How to Organize Your Wallet, Credit Cards & Gift Cards". Someone had commented recommending using a Filofax, and so my research began. I purchaced my first Filofax in July 2012 from Paradise Pen. It was a Pocket Adelphi in Damson.


2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

When I was younger, going to grade school, Hello Kitty/ Sanrio was a popular brand. They used to have these plush plastic organizers, and you could buy refills for them.  I think I had a Spottie Dottie one and maybe a Little Twin Stars one. I've also used Day-Runner Calendars & a Day-Timer Planner.


3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

I honestly love them all!!! But currently, it is the Compact Osterley in Plum.


4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?


I now own seven. I gained 2 more on Christmas! 3 Personals, 1 Compact, and 3 Pockets.


5. What do you use your Filofax for?

I'm currently using 2. The Compact Osterley - I use as my wallet/ planner/ notes. The Personal Songbird - holds the previous 3 months of diary pages, notes, wishlists, inventory on all my pens, filofaxes, blogpost ideas, keeping track of websites & blogs I read, financial notes for bills/banking, password tracking, & addresses to retailers that carry Filofaxes. Pretty much my entire life in a nutshell. Anything that pops in my head, goes into my filofax. Side note: I no longer keep cash or coins in my filofax.


6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

They each have something I love about them. That's why I love Filofax because there is so much variety! The colors, the leather, the print, the designs! You can stuff it with whatever - paper, post-its, stickers, tape. Use any pen or pens you desire. The customization is wonderful and you can truly make it your own.


7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Well of course, it would have to be PURPLE!!!! I would have plenty of cardslots like the Regency/ Holborn. Gold rings. An inside zip pocket in the front like a Compact Zipped Malden. Definitely an elasticized pen loop. Maybe a crystalized button for the latch for a little bling!


8. How do you carry your Filofax?

I usually don't use a bag and I would just hold it in my hands. So, portability was key. But I was so lucky to receive a new Coach leather handbag, with PURPLE lining for Christmas!!!! So now, I carry both filofaxes with me.


9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?


I love the Maldens, still haven't gotten a Personal Purple. I would love to get my hands on a Grey Osterley and a Deco Slimline. And maybe someday, by some miracle, I will get a Personal Baroque! I think eventually I will have every purple Filofax, or at least I would like to.


10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

$97 USD for My Personal Finchley because it traveled all the way from the UK to get to me.


11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I love how we can all go to one place and find so much information about all people who love Filofax, organizers, planners. The people who keep Philofaxy functioning do such an excellent job at sharing all this wonderful knowledge! Philofaxy has brought together people from all walks of life! We help eachother out when we're having planner fail, or give each other ideas on how to use our planners. I love webfinds: it's like my dose of gossip/news for the week. Who's going to be the next person to enable me to buy something?


12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?


I don't like how not everyone knows about it. It is amazing to see how much Philofaxy has grown, and how many more people are in the know. I also don't like how I don't have the ability to join in Philofaxy meet ups. It's so exciting to see when people get together face -to face and share eachother's love/hate relationship for Filofax/ planning/ organizing.


13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?


Kelly Clarkson - Stronger, Maroon 5 - Overexposed, The Radio City Rockettes - Christmas Favorites, Taylor Swift - Red

**Thank you Philofaxy for giving me the chance to be a Reader under the spotlight.  =)


Thank you Jennifer for agreeing to be one of our Readers Under the Spotlight. If anyone else would like to appear, please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com

12 comments:

  1. I love it! Thank you Steve for that added touch with the PURPLE font color! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Jennifer! And Steve...yes, nice touch with the purple color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you with the gold rings. I have a Person Cuban in Chestnut that would be even nicer with gold rings! And as for that bling...I've been hoping for a Swarvorski crystal on the clasp forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love binders with gold rings - I have an Ivory Panama with gold rings and it's really lovely - there are many other binders that would look nicer with gold coloured accents.

      Re the crystals, - I have a pocket Swarvorski binder - it's black patent leather with the crystals on the front. Sadly I don't use it much anymore as I found the pocket too small. Very pretty though! Wish they did one in personal size.

      Delete
  4. I love the purple, too - so appropriate!!!! Good job, Steve.

    Nice to meet you, Jennifer. I've been to your blog before. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Homemakersdaily.com - Nice to meet you and thank you for visiting my blog! =)

      Delete
  5. Hi, Jennifer! I think I've found a new BFF. Likes Filofax AND the color purple? Thanks, Steve. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Carla - Maybe we should have a So. Cal meet up?!? Who else wants to join in? Thanks Steve for finding my Filofax twin! =P

      Delete
    2. A So-Cal meet up is an excellent idea! :)

      Delete
  6. Completely agrees with your thoughts...

    ReplyDelete