18 August 2013

Reader Under The Spotlight - Ellenie


Hello my fellow Filofax addicts.
 
My name is Ellenie and I have a blog and an Instagram page under Eclovespaper. I am 34 years old; self-employed from Washington DC. I am addicted to all things stationery.

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I got my 1st Filofax when I graduated from High School in 1997. I do not remember what it was but I have been hooked ever since.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I also use Franklin Covey, Kate Spade and Cross-planners. I have also used a Lilly Pulitzer agenda in the past.

3. Out of the organizers you own which is your current favorite (Style and Size)?

My most favorite Filofax is my osterley’s and my Braque and personal size is the only size for me. I have tired A5 and pocket sizes but it did not work as well as the personal size.

4. How many Filofax organizers do you own?

I am at 20 Filofaxes and 3 other brands. I am sure the number will go up soon.

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

My oldest Filofax is my Finsbury in Emerald Green. I think I got it in 2006/or 2007.I also have an old Abas leather planner that is about 9 years old.

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

I use Filofaxes for everything. I have sections for business, personal, diary, travel, finance, daily spending, expenses, information and everything else you can think of. It is stuffed to the brim just the way I like it.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

I love the fact that I can change out my Filofaxes whenever I want or every three days or so in my case. It is very convenient.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Oh boy, if I could design my own Filofax, I would add gold and large rings for the personal size. I would also add a few more pockets and more pen loops. I would also make the pen loop a little bigger so it can fit a large size pen like a coleto.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

My Filofax goes everywhere with me in my hand bag. I never leave home without it.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I cannot wait until the Malden in Aqua comes out. That is about the only one I like from the current rage besides the Saffiano.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

My osterley’s are the priciest ones. I paid $155.00 for each. I also paid 120.00 Euros for my Amazona, which is almost $160.00 USD but so worth it.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Get creative with the extra paper that Filofaxes come with. Use washi tape and stickers and create your own inserts instead of throwing it away and wasting paper.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I love everything about it. It is amazing to see Steve and everyone else put so much dedication and hard work to bring us so many amazing blogs and deals. It is such a wonderful feeling knowing that there are so many people out there that love Filofaxes and planers as much as I do and if it was not for philofaxy; I would have never known so THANK YOU philofaxy for bringing us all together in to this wonderful community.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

NOTHING AT ALL What is there not to like???

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Justin Timberlake’s 20/20 Vision.

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver? 

Mark Darcy is my choice. He was a true gentle man in that movie.

Thank you Ellenie for appearing under our spotlight. If anyone else would like to appear in this regular feature, please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com

5 comments:

  1. Hello, Ellenie, very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joseph; Nice to meet you also. thank you for reading..

      Delete
  2. Ellenie, wonderful to learn a little more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for taking the time to read about my addiction.

      Delete
  3. I've been a big fan of your Instagram page...nice to hear a bit more about you. Hugs..God Bless.

    ReplyDelete